September is back-to-school season and whether the kids are virtual or in the classroom, they need to start the school year off right. It always feels so nice to have that new back-to-school outfit, if you have a smaller budget, thrifting at the Salvation Army thrift store is a great option. You can everything from shoes to jackets to jeans and more for kids at your local Salvation Army thrift store. Here are a few tips to help you shop for your kids.
How to Thrift Back-to-school Kids Clothes:
- Measure your kids before shopping, including feet! Make sure to save the numbers as a note in your phone.
- When you find a brand you don’t know look up their size guide online and compare with the measurements.
- Try to find complete outfits don’t simply purchase what fits. Pants, shirts, jackets and shoes will ensure you have multiple outfit options. You could even find out what your kids favorite colours are to help with thrifting.
- Set a budget. If your kids come with you, let them know the budget, they’ll be surprised how many pieces they’ll get at the Salvation Army thrift stores!
- Ask your kids what they would love to find. Having a wish list is always a great idea.
Shopping at the Salvation Army thrift store for back-to-school can allow your kids to get higher end items for less. Quality clothing will mean they will last longer and stand up to all of school fun! Trust me, as a mama of two busy little girls I know how important finding quality clothing can be. All of the clothing in these photos were thrifted from the Salvation Army thrift store near our home.