These pumpkin muffins are perfect for fall! They are light and fluffy, and I bet you can’t have just one! I know it’s pumpkins, pumpkins everywhere, but I love the spices in this recipe and flavor of pumpkin this time of year.
A great recipe to freeze or have during the week for snacks.
4 tbsp butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
1 cup pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling, yes there’s a difference)
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
2/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream together the butter, sugars and vegetable oil, until light and fluffy, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add in the eggs one at a time and mix until incorporated.
- Add pumpkin puree, and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Add 1/3 of the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, mix until incorporated. Add half the water to the mixture and mix until just incorporated, then add another 1/3 of the flour mixture, the other half of the water and then the rest of the flour mixture. Mixing until just incorporated. Scraping down the sides of the bowl between each addition.
- You can line your muffin tins or spray the inside so the muffins don’t stick. Fill each muffin 2/3 full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes (mine was finished in 22 minutes). I actually filled my batter to the top and made large muffins.
- Allow muffins to coll and then carefully remove.
I found this recipe online via The Dough Will Rise Again.
Now have some friends over for a tea party and some delicious muffins! A wonderful fall treat.
This recipe made a total of 12 large muffins which worked out to be 25 cents per muffin!
I buy all my baking goods in bulk which really cuts down on the cost and makes it very affordable to bake. I know it’s sometimes hard to find time to bake, but you have to think it’s really only the prep time! These muffins took about 10 minutes to prep, during the other 20 minutes while they were baking I was able to start some laundry, clean up my mess and send some emails!