When most people think of the Salvation Army thrift store they imagine clothes, lot’s of amazing deals on fabulous clothes. I know I did for a very long time. Until I wanted to make small changes to our home on a budget. Then I realized the Salvation Army thrift store has an abundance of stylish home decor! Like clothes, home decor is similar, sometimes we buy the wrong size or move and clean out our home or update our style. All of these home decor items that no longer work in someone else’s space could be perfect for you.
5 amazing items from the Salvation Army thrift store to update your decor:
- RUGS: These can be a hard find, but if you are lucky enough to score one it will probably be a great deal!
- VASES: Perfect for dried flowers or fresh, always nice to bring some warmth to a room.
- WALL HANGINGS: In this case I use thrifted straw hats, but the possibilites are endless. Look for photos, pictures, paintings, frames, and much more.
- BASKETS: These are always a great idea! Perfect for a plant or umbrellas or shoes. If you need to hide something a basket is the perfect place.
- CANDLES: It is suprising how many great candles I have found at the Salvation Army thrift store. They are a wonderful item for decor and always bring a lovely scent to any room.
If you’d like to refresh your space on a budget with unique items check out your local Salvation Army thrift store. Remember to always go in with a plan, believe me it’s easy to want to buy everything home decor once you start! Look at the room in your home you want to refresh, what does it need? Something on the wall? A few candles? New throw pillows? A basket for laundry?
Thrifted Items in the Entryway Refresh:
Small Silver Decor
Over half of the items in my entryway refresh were from my local Salvation Army thrift store. You’d never know it as they are all in excellent condition. Thrifting is a great way to get high quality items for less. Good luck!