TIPS TO FRESHEN UP YOUR SPACE:
1) Add some color to the walls or even a feature wall with wallpaper. This can really add a pop of color to the room and could probably be completed with less than $30.
2) Buy some new pillow covers. Pillows can be expensive, but I think keeping your old pillows but getting a new case is a great compromise. You can bring in new textures, colors and theme by simply changing up the throw pillows.
3) Move your art around! I did this recently with a large piece of art I had in my bedroom, I realized I was the only one who was really appreciating this piece, so I decided to move it into the dinning room. The new art added a different color and vibe, and freshened up the space in less than 5 minutes.
4) Add some new lighting. It’s is amazing how light can affect our space. If you don’t want to spend a lot hit up some thrift stores or flea markets, you can always score great finds for a fraction of the price.
5) Move around your decor! I find my decor get’s stale if stays in one spot for too long, so every once in a while I give everything a good dust and a new home.
6) Add some plants! Plants are such a wonderful addition to the space! Not only do they purify the air, they add wonderful texture to the room.
7) Donate some items! Every once in a while I will get a bag together for donation, it might be a few decor items that are sitting on a shelf or a couple books that are no longer read, it is so interesting how clearing out a few items can lighten up the space.
8) Move your furniture around! I rearranged my living room for my video submission, it was meant to be a temporary move as the couch was in front of a large window and the light made it hard to shoot, but it hasn’t moved back! The space feels more open and new!
9) Paint a piece of furniture. I know we all have pieces of wood furniture and sometimes all they need is a coat of paint to come back to life! If you don’t want to paint a wall, add some color or refresh a room by painting an existing piece of furniture.
10) In the theme of tropical, maybe this summer, as one would in the tropics, pick up some memorable items during summertime adventures. Perhaps you are on the beach where you find a piece of driftwood that would be great as a decor piece or a beautiful rock that you could use as a paperweight or maybe a shell you can use to hold soap in the bathroom!
Have fun refreshing your space! Post below with more ideas or how you refreshed your space!
home home decor interior interior decorating interior design interiors Next Home Stylist polyvore Refresh Your Space Tips Urban Barn