Spring is in the air and I am ready to revamp every room! This season is a great time to purge items you no longer need but I think it is also perfect for redecorating. I always love moving items around in my home because when I do it refreshes the space and the decor pieces feel new again.
If you’re on a budget consider shopping at your local Salvation Army Thrift Store. They have so many unique items in store, you’re sure to find something you love. Right now if you donate items (purging is also great to do before revamping a room) the Salvation Army Thrift Store has a great coupon where you can get discounts in store the next time you shop there.
7 Frugalista Tips On How To Refresh Your Space
- New Fabric – Let’s be honest we all get bored with our throw pillows eventually! Instead of going out and spending money on new pillows I am a huge fan of buying new material to cover your old pillows. It will cost a fraction of the price and you will get to customize the design.
- Add Some Paint – To give furniture or small décor new life, try painting them, this allows you to customize the color and easily change up the décor in any room. There are so many options with chalk paint or spray paint or stain, it’s fairly simply to paint any object now!
- Move Décor Around – Small décor items are easy to move around. Moving an item from one room to another can give it new life and change up a different room. For example, I moved the wool rug from our room to the TV room, I love the texture and colour of this rug. It brightened up the TV and was finally featured where people could see it!
- Change Your Artwork – I am very fortunate to have acquired a few pieces of art over the years for very affordable prices. An easy way to refresh a room is to move the artwork on your walls. Since we are finishing up our guest room, I have thrifted a couple vintage prints from the Salvation Army Thrift Store.
- Sell An Item to Buy An Item – I love Craigslist, you all know this! I realized lately the reason I am such a big fan is because it allows me to change my décor easily, sometimes without spending a dime. A little while ago I wanted a couple new rugs, so I sold a few old items we not longer needed and searched for vintage rugs on Craigslist. I found a great a few gems and spent the money I made from my old furniture! Win win.
- Change A Light Fixture – It is amazing what changing a light fixture can do to any space. When we moved into our new home there was a huge, old 80’s light fixture in the dining room, we made an affordable chandelier to replace it and completely changed the look and feel of the room.
- Take Away An Item – When revamping a room you don’t always need to add anything but consider taking something away. Recently when I moved some furniture around I didn’t bring it all back in and this made the space feel bigger and featured the pieces in the room more..
I hope one of these tips helps you with your spring revamp! There are so many ways to redecorate your space without spending a fortune. Best of luck all you frugalista’s!