Summer is half over so you might think it’s too late to refresh your patio! It’s never too late. The summer months is an opportunity to expand out living spaces and take advantage of whatever outdoor space we may have. Whether you have a small patio, a yard, a nice outdoor space or something cozy, it’s valuable. Although we are halfway through summer this is probably the best time to refresh your outdoor space as all of the patio furniture and décor is on sale! You know I LOVE sales. Let’s take a look at 7 Simple Ways to Update Your Patio. Of course they will all be budget friendly!
10 Simple Ways to Update Your Patio
- ADD LIGHTS – Being able to sit outside when the sun sets, nothing is better. If you have a small budget adding some string lights or lanterns is a great way to create a cozy atmosphere.
- PICK A THEME – If your budget is tight but you want to refresh your space, use what you have but add a few décor pieces that fit a theme. For example, you have the outdoor furniture but it’s looking tired, you could pick a tropical theme and add some pillows or cozy blankets or an outdoor stool that can double as a side table.
- MOVE THE FURNITURE – Sometimes all a space needs is to move the furniture around. It’s amazing how different a patio can feel from this small change.
- PAINT – I’ve had a few patio sets over the years that I have simply sanded and painted, and did it ever make a huge difference. There are so many different options for outdoor stains and paint now, it can transform your outdoor furniture.
- ADD A RUG – If you have a small budget and you can only add one piece of décor, an outdoor rug will make a big statement. If you adding a rug choose a colour or pattern you really like.
- BRING IN PLANTS – Whether you have a small yard or patio, adding some greenery creates a great vibe. You don’t have to worry about planting you can always find pots to fit with your patio colours. There are so many great pots to choose from online or in store. Have you checked out H&M Home? So good!
- RECOVER YOUR PILLOWS – Sometimes our outdoor décor can fade, especially cushions and pillows. Recovering your furniture cushions might not be in the budget, but a quick fix is purchasing new outdoor pillow covers. I found some online for under $15 from Amazon and H&M.
Last year our yard needed some help and I had no idea where to start! I decided to go with a nautical theme. By having the theme it really helped me to define the colours I wanted to use as well as the décor items I hoped to find. I ended up adding in the rug, lantern and vintage brass. These were easy items to find when I knew what I was looking for! Check out the full patio reveal.
Still need some help? Check out these cushion covers below! All of them are around $20 or less, which is more affordable than buying new outdoor cushions.
5 minute DIY A Plentiful Life Affordable Affordable Decor Bargainista Blogger Budge Yard budget Budget but Beautiful Budget Decor Budget Outdoor Space Budget Patio decor diy DIY Home Do It Yourself Frugal Frugal Decor home decor Homemade How to Refresh Your Patio Money Saving Tips Patio Makeover Patio Refresh Refresh Your Outdoor Space Refresh Your Patio Tips to refresh your patio Tips to refresh your yard Yard Makeover